IS YOUR PATIENT FULFILLMENT HURTING YOUR PRACTICE?
Are you fulfilling the needs of your patients? Are you staying actively engaged with them? Allow me to relate a personal story which will demonstrate -
the heavy cost that a business incurs
by not fulfilling the needs of their customers.
A few years ago I was killing time in a mall in Minneapolis (3 hours from home) waiting for my wife to finish her shopping. As I waited, I walked past a cell phone store that was demonstrating the features of a newly released phone and also an attractive calling plan. A couple of important points to remember with this story are:
1. My existing phone/plan was purchased in my home town
2. I was having no problems with my existing phone/plan
Continuing my story - I walked into the cell phone shop to check things out, and within the next hour I had not only purchased the new phone and plan (with a different carrier), but my wife did too.
So Why Did I Purchase A Product 170 Miles From Home
Instead Of From My Local Vendor?
I believe the answer is all about FULFILLMENT, because I later learned that my local store had a similar phone and plan, but I just didn't know about it! It never occurred to me to check out my local vendor first. WHY??? Here are some possible answers:
- I had never experienced a positive sales experience like this with my local vendor
- I never got any followup support after I purchased a phone from them in the past
- The local vendor had no newsletter or educational program to keep me up to date with new plans, phones, apps and technology
- If I had a problem, their sales people always referred me to a corporate phone number
- THERE WAS NO POST-SALE FULFILLMENT!
- THEY WERE NOT ENGAGED WITH ME!
- THEY JUST WEREN'T "TOP OF MIND"
IS YOUR BUSINESS "TOP OF MIND" FOR YOUR PATIENTS?
What does your fulfillment process look like? Would any of your patients ever buy a pair of glasses the way I bought a new phone?
We use a variety of fulfillment and engagement strategies in our office. Most of them are part of our marketing automation systems. This means they are on autopilot. They run in the background and require little staff time to implement or manage. But no matter how we do it -
OUR PRIMARY FULFILLMENT AND ENGAGEMENT GOAL IS
TO BE THE "TOP OF MIND" EYE CARE EXPERTS FOR OUR PATIENTS
When we achieve this goal --
OUR PATIENTS ARE FAR LESS LIKELY
TO PURCHASE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ELSEWHERE
AND MORE LIKELY TO PURCHASE FROM US
AT TIMES OTHER THAN THEIR ANNUAL EXAMS!
If you would like to learn more about improving your fulfillment systems, feel free to schedule a call with me in my personal calendar using this link --- meetme.so/DrUglum